Well, What I see in the link you sent me shows the following example:

For example, if you want to calculate the minimum burst value needed to sustain
a rate of 1 Mbps on an Ethernet network, the rate is defined as 1 Mbps and the
maximum Ethernet packet size is 1518 bytes. The equation is:

Burst = (1,000,000 bps * 0.00025) or (1518 bytes * 8 bits/byte) = 250 or 12144.

The larger result is 12144, which you round to 13 kbits.

What I Deduct is that the recommended for an Ethernet Port (Which uses Max 1518
bytes per packet) the burst should be around 13 Kbits

In that case the configuration should be :

set qos policer aggregate SIG rate 32 burst 13 policed-dscp

Correct me if I am wrong,

Thanks

In Cisco IOSĀ® Software, the policing rate is defined in bits per second (bps)
and the burst rate is defined in bytes.

In Cisco Catalyst OS (CatOS), the policing rate is defined in kbps and the
burst rate is defined in kilobits.Here is the link for more info:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801c8c4b.shtml

JD

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:46:58 -0400From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 6500 QoS - Policer
configuration

Well, that is the source of the confusion, because if I configure the police as
"set qos policer aggregate SIG rate 32 burst 8000 policed-dscp" , then the
"show qos policer runtime all" shows the busts as 7936 Kb ( that means near 8
Megabits !)Aggregate name                  Avg. rate (kbps) Burst size (kbits)
Normal action------------------------------- ----------------
------------------ -------------SIG
32            7936 policed-dscp                                Excess rate
(kbps) Excess burst size (kbits) Excess action
------------------ ------------------------- -------------
                    31457280                  31744 policed-dscp
                ACL attached
------------------------------------                                CCM     And
following the recommendation Bust = Rate / 4000  = 32 Kbits / 4 = 8 KbitsThen I
think it should be "set qos policer aggregate SIG rate 32 burst 8
policed-dscp"But I am reading from several sources which configure this in
different ways.Anybody have any clarification about this ?-----Original
Message-----From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of ccievoice1Sent: Mon 4/28/2008
12:32 PMTo: Christian NarvaezCc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 6500
QoS - Policer configurationAs per SRND, should be rate 32 burst 8000On Tue, Apr
29, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Christian Narvaez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:>  I have a
confusion. In a 6500, if I want to configure a policer of 32 Kb> rate and 8 Kb
of burst. Which of these three sentences is correct ?>> a) set qos policer
aggregate SIG rate 32000 burst 8000 policed-dscp>> or>> b) set qos policer
aggregate SIG rate 32 burst 8 policed-dscp>> or>> c) set qos policer aggregate
SIG rate 32 burst 8000 policed-dscp>
http://www.gowindowslive.com/Mobile/Landing/Messenger/Default.aspx?Locale=en-US?ocid=TAG_APRIL