It looks like the backbone router was your issue. In future something to
help you identify this would be to use the "debug isdn q921" command on your
router. You would have probably seen layer 2 messages being sent from your
router but nothing being received from the PSTN. This is definitively proves
that there is a problem with the PSTN.

I have from time to time experienced the same thing- I believe the source of
the problem lies when we convert from R2 back and forth to PRI. It sometimes
takes a reboot for the router to start supporting ISDN signaling. Our
workbooks give users the choice on what protocol to use at the BR2 site and
this is why we continue to support R2.

I know it is frustrating but something like this could also happen in the
actual lab- you have to be a prosecuting attorney and prove your case to the
proctor and debug isdn q921 would have been your motive, weapon and
witness;)

Vik Malhi - CCIE #13890
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.810.454.0130
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Join our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities

IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand
and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE
Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage
Lab Certifications.