When in SRST H323 fallback ..is it best practice to voice translation on
the voice ports or use the dialplan-pattern command under
call-manager-fallback?

Im confused about how the incoming phone call is translated to the SRST
phone dn....any help appreciated.

Example

I have an inbound DID call of 222-333-4...

If the wan is down I can use the voice translation-pattern of

Rule 1 /^2223334\(...\)/ /\1/

This translates the incoming call to a 3 digit extension (I know 3
digits bad.....but just an example)

Would I therefore need the:

ccm-manager-fallback (needed I know)

 dialplan-pattern 1 2223334... extension-length 4

If I don't need it how do I pass the caller id to the pstn? (isdn
outgoing display ie?)

thanks

Information Security Officer

Mountain Empire Community College
CCIE (SEC) # 18929, CISSP (#85782), CCSP, GIAC GCIA (#0849) GCIH (#1348)
GCWN (#0467) CCVP, MCSE, ASE HP, CCA

Tel: 276 523 2400 ext 226
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <blocked::mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.mecc.edu <blocked::http://www.mecc.edu/>

23/7/2008
Darren T. Manners
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mecc.edu

This email is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as
recipient(s). This email and its attachments, if any, contain confidential
information and/or may contain information protected by intellectual property
rights or others rights. This email does not constitute any commitment from
Mountain Empire Community College or its subsidiaries except when expressly
agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and Mountain
Empire Community College or its subsidiaries. If you receive this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately from your
system and destroy all copies of it. You may not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy this email or any part of it if you are not
the intended recipient.