in order to join 2 different call leg (sip & h323) with g729 codec, i think
transcoder (MTP hardware)is a must. MTP software can do this but only for g711
codec.

----- Original Message ----
From: Kapil Atrish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Edi Hamlet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Sent: Monday, October 6, 2008 6:57:13 PM
Subject: RE: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] SIP call fails on G729

 That;s what I am trying to find out if I need the Xcoder. I think if
I've xcoder the call would work even w/o ipip gw.  Is Xcoder must in
this scenario?

Thanks for your time...

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 04:51:56 -0700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com

try to terminate your call from CME to IPIPGW (w/transocder) on HQ router,
don't direct to CCM. so the topology will looks like this

IP Phone -- CME -- SIP/H323 Trunk -- IPIPGW -- SIP/H323 trunk -- CCM -- IP Phone