Only if you are putting analog puts under MGCP control  do you need the
POTS peer under service of MGCPAPP.

Cheers!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mo
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] MGCP Gateway POTS dial-peer

I had read somewhere you don't need service MGCPAPP under dial-peer for
getting the MGCP to  work , I think it was on cisco forum . and the
reason was when MGCP fallback happens .

you can do a search on that one , I tested this in LAB and without
"Service MGCPAPP" everything worked fine even when on SRST mode . but I
will test today with "MGCPAPP" and "call application alternate" to see
what happens.

Regards.

//Mo

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Balamurugan Singaram