From: kapil atrish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sun 11/2/2008 2:11 PM
To: Christian Narvaez; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Finally !, CCIE Voice #22488 ...from Chile

100% correct. I had the same issue and I had to remove the dialplan pattern and
use TP under voice-port to meet the requirement of 4 digit CLID to HQ & 10
digit DID to PSTN . I've made it a practice not to use dialplan pattern.

However one small confusion when having BACD. For ex Question says: aa-pilot no
should be 3223000. Now, if you use TP under voice-port and translate all
incoming calls to 4 digit extension (DID), the your aa-pilot would be 3000 and
not 3223000. I don't know how would proctor grade that since question asks
aa-pilot to be 3000. There is a wayaround to use num-exp and expand 3000 to
3223000 but I never tested this.

May be Christian can share his experience on this as well...

Christian Narvaez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      RE: [OSL | CCIE_Voice]
Finally !, CCIE Voice #22488 ...from Chile    Hi Chunmei,

 In the real exam it is asked a lot of requirements related with
transformations of ANI or DNIS for the CME and SRST. My experience in prior
attempts say that is not recommendable using dial-plan pattern, instead of get
used to use translation rules/profile and apply then to the dial-peer to
accomplish each specific question requirement.
 For example imagine it is asked that phones in CME need to be seen as a 4
digits ANI when calling to HQ or SiteB, in that case you will have problem
using dial-plan pattern since is force you to send the 10 digits ANI, same for
access to CUE, or in case is required all international calls from CME present
ANI with a preempted 9011. In those cases anyway you will need to use some kind
of translations

 In resumen I thinks is more flexible using Translations than dial-plan pattern
in relation to the kind of questions asked in the exam.