To: <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Section 28 Tasks 23 and 28,LAB Prep Workbook v4.0, call via GateKeeper and IPIPGW problem

Hello Alex,

IPIPGW won't negotiate the codec with HQR, it has to be statically
nailed down for all 4 legs. If you wish to have G729 call from CCM to
CME via IPIPGW, then it should be 4 dialpeers with default G729 codecs
(2 with "incoming called-number", 2 with "destination-pattern"):

That was it! Thanks! Now G729 works.
As I understand - without a transcoder on HQ-RTR there is no codec
flexibility - I mean a scenario when 1st call from CCM uses G711 and the
second uses G729 (due to bandwidth limit on GK) is impossible?
Now I have RG with both trunks (711/729) and I also added another four
dial-peers hardcoded for G711 but it doesn't work.
You can also change codec to 'codec transparent' on every dial-peer and then
you have a choice on CCM - if you put 729-trunk 1st on RG list then it will
use 729. If you put 711-trunk 1st on the list then it will use 711.
The question is how to achieve a flexibility - 1st call 711 and 2nd 729 due
to lack of bandwidth.
--
Best regards,
Bartosz

dial-peer voice 100 voip
incoming called-number [12]... # Inbound DP for CCM->IPIPGW call leg
dtmf-relay h245-alpha
!
dial-peer voice 101 voip
incoming called-number 3313213... # Inbound DP for BR2->IPIPGW call leg
dtmf-relay h245-alpha
!
dial-peer voice 102 voip
destination-pattern 011T # Outbound DP for IPIPGW->BR2 call leg
session target ras
dtmf-relay h245-alpha
!
dial-peer voice 103 voip
destination-pattern [12]... # Outbound DP for BR2->IPIPGW call leg
session target ras
dtmf-relay h245-alpha
!
It always worked for me this way.
If you want to transcode G711->G729 on IPIPGW, configure SRST/CCME
instance, SDSP farm and register SDSP farm to SRST/CCME instance.
Rgds
Alex

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bartosz Sokołowski"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>