Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Dollar Sign or No Dollar Sign ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Collinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Both dial peers are POTS. The prefix is required in both cases.

Stephen,
Have you tested this? I suggest you try to configure two POTS DP with destination-pattern 911 and 911$ and without any "forward-digits"/"prefix" or translation-profile additives. The DP_911$ will complete the call wherease DP_911 won't. I personally had it configured many times on PL racks, it always works this way for me. FYI, DP with "destination-pattern ^911" also does not require a prefix/forwardi-digits/translation-profile. I guess this happens because IOS cannot strip ^ and/or $ from the digit string so it leaves the matched string intact.
Rgds
Alex