From: Robertico Gonzalez <robertico.gonzale...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:55 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CAC mechanism to limit the number of calls overthe
WAN

Hi,

IPexpert's Voice 5-Day Boot Camp, Lab 1, Question 7:
7. Use CallManager's only CAC mechanism to limit the number of calls over the
WAN between the HQ and BR1 to four audio calls and one video call using the
minimum bandwidth allowable by a VTA  camera in H263 mode.

Question:
The solution sets the BR1 location to 96 Kbps.  This assumes that there are 4
calls and each one consumes 24 Kbps.  However, I get higher values in Kbps for
a call assuming 20 ms packetization time.

MLP = 13 bytes
IP/UDP/RTP = 40 bytes
G729 = 20 bytes
73 bytes * 8 = 584 bits
584 bits * 50 pps = 29.2 kbps, which is higher than 24 Kbps for a single call

For FR, I obtain 25.6 Kbps, since the overhead is 4 bytes.
For FRF.12, I obtain 27.2 Kbps, since the overhead is 8 bytes.

As you can see for all options, the calculated rate is greater than 24 kbps.

Regards,
-rg