Hi all, I need some help or advice. I have a home lab setup, with a PSTN
router. This PSTN router has a T1 connection to Branch2, and a E1 to CME and
an E1 to HQ. Calls from the sites to the PSTN router' PSTN phone work: the
PSTN router has CME configured, and there is an IP phone registered to this
CME to simulate calls to the PSTN. <Branch2> ---- t1 ---- <PSTN> ----- e1
---- <Branch3 (cme) > | | | pstn phone line However, whenever I make a call
through the PSTN between a phone at Branch2 and a phone at Branch3 (where
the PSTN has to switch the call from E1 to T1 or vice versa, see
'schematic'), I have distorted tones and voice (so no correct DTMF signaling
either) I have tried to set the Branch2 router's PCM type to A-LAW, to
correspond to the Branch3's PCM type (E1 : A-law). I expected to have this
working only for calls between sites, but with a new issue for calls Branch2
- PSTN phone, as on the PSTN router the T1 is configured to use the standard
PCM type for T1 (U-LAW). Can someone please let me know how to set this up
so it works, as this is a standard setup and I guess this should be working
normally. Is there a setting that needs to be applied on the UCM (in case
Branch2 is a MGCP GW) or on the H323 GW (in case Branch2 is a H323 GW) - or
do I need a more sophisticated PSTN router that automatically converts
between E1 and T1 PCM types... Thanks a lot any ideas on this, Juan