Firstly you cannot transcode a multicast stream so you are correct there.

By placing the MOH server in a g711 Device Pool you are allowing all codecs
that take up less bandwidth than g711 too. So that includes g729.

So providing you change the IP Voice Media Streaming service params to allow
G729 the MOH stream is being sent to the BR1 natively using g729.
--
Vik Malhi ­ CCIE #13890, CCSI #31584
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.810.454.0130
Mailto: vma...@ipexpert.com

Join our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities
IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand
and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE
Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage
Lab Certifications.