From: ms...@ipexpert.com
To: drd20...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Easyvpn issue with ASA5505
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:24:09 -0400

Hi Daniel,
I will fix the part where the "secure-unit-authentication enable" is in the
incorrect place.
Are you still connected? If so, can you setup telnet to your ASA from anywhere
"telnet 0 0 0 0" (I believe is the command off the top of my head)?I will then
connect and help you troubleshoot your session so that it will work properly
now and in the future.
Thanks!
 -- Mark SnowCCIE #14073 (Voice, Security)
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444Fax: +1.309.413.4097Mailto: ms...@ipexpert.com--join
our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities--IPexpert - The Global Leader in
Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand and Audio Certification Training
Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab
, CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage Lab Certifications.--

On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Daniel Dellinger wrote:I'll start by saying that
i'm very green on the ASA.  Just bought ASA5505 for sole purpose to use with
Voice Rack - Easyvpn.

During my last voice rack session.
I followed instructions (write erase, reload) then copied and pasted config I
got for ASA5505 from proctor labs for rack 33.  First problem was their was a
syntax error on statement "secure-unit-authentication enable".  Quick search
reveled that this command should be under group-policy, but it is not under ASA
config I downloaded form proctorlabs.

Second the commands below were not accepted on the ASA. ( tried both 8.x and
7.x on asa, commands not accepted).
crypto ipsec client ezvpn connect
crypto ipsec client ezvpn xauth.

I did do a vpnclient connect and then authentication came up and I put in
username/password, then did show command and saw tunnel established.  But I was
not able to ping servers (nor get phones registered).  My pc was on same inside
vlan as phones and I was able to connect to proctor lab routers without issue.
I also loaded final LabA config but still unable to ping/connect to UCM (but
from hq-rtr I was able to ping UCM).

Any guidance is appreciated.  I want to get started on labs and use my phones
at home.

Regards,

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®. See
how.

Windows Liveā„¢ Contacts: Organize your contact list.