Yes, you still need to create remote (unity users) in CUE. Also, you
have to create distribution list and make unity and cue users as
members (you can't send message directly to remote users since CUE
reports extention not found).

 From unity to cue, just create the cue users as VPIM subscriber in
unity. Create a PDL and add whatever users you want to send as
members.

Regards,
Prabahar