Thanks. I realized that I need to format the flash. I was able to do so and put all of my CME files onto the router. That worked fine. I tried and tried to save the flash and have it survive "stop" and "start" of the router. Also closing GNS3 and starting it back up. Wouldn't work. So I emailed the list....

And then like many times after you email the list a question, it starts working magically. Not sure why or how, but now when I save my router configs in GNS3, it saves the flash as well.

Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Schuknecht" <rschukne...@gmx.de>
To: <bkvalent...@gmail.com>; <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 4:16 PM
Subject: Antw: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] save/restore flash in GNS3

Hi,

i used dynamips without gns3 and i dont know if there are any differences. But with dynamips you have to format the flash via the cli "format flash". After that yould should be able to write files to flash, as if you would use a real router.

/Robert

Brian Valentine<bkvalent...@gmail.com> schrieb am Samstag, 16. Mai 2009 um
20:38 in Nachricht bc726a1e796bf6840837a3cfaa4b5620:
All,

I built a CME router in GNS3.  I was able to find a solution to save my
router configs here:

http://www.blindhog.net/gns3-how-to-save-labs-with-router-configs/

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to save the files in flash:

and restore them upon loading my GNS topology. Obviously with CME this is
important.  Otherwise, I will have to leave the virtual router on all the
time which is not a huge deal, except that I do like to reload the PC every
now and then.  Anyone have a solution?

Brian