Hey Larry,
Thanks for that input, it is a major help. I have a question for you, I remember reading somewhere on the IPexpert blog that the company was considering allowing folks to purchase rack time in smaller than 8 hour increments, is that still in the works or was it just a rumor?

Amp
Quoting Larry Hadrava <lar...@ipexpert.com>:

Amp:
Here is a post that I made on my blog about this very subject.
I had a long lapse since passing the R&S lab ( 2003 ) and late last year
starting to study for the Voice IE. I hope that the comments help.

I have now completed going through the BLS video presentations. So now what?
I have been giving a lot of thought on how to best approach the next steps.
I thought about how I *should have *approached the R&S track and am going to
put that thought process to work in passing the Voice lab by December of
2009.
So, what am I going to do? How am I going to proceed?
Here is the study plan that I am working on (of course I will probably tweak
this as I go along and will share the progress or lack of on the blog).
• Complete the BLS Video on Demand presentations
• Go through the technology focused labs – don’t just do the labs, but
explore other possibilities on the technology being focused on. *DO NOT
WORRY ABOUT TIME ON THIS – LEARN THE TECHNOLOGIES!!!*
• While doing the technology focused labs, download and *READ* the SRND for
that technology
• Go through the technology focused labs again, this time working on the
exact items being asked for in the scenario. *Work for 100% accuracy and
complete the lab within the suggested time limit*
• Move on to the full mock labs – go through each lab focusing on *
UNDERSTANDING* the tasks and learning how they are interrelating with the
full lab. *DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TIME *– Focus On Completing Every Step Of The
Lab
• After completing ALL of the full mock labs for understanding go through
ALL of them again. This time *WORK ON COMPLETING THE TASKS IN THE ALLOTED
TIMEFRAME AND 100% ACCURACY*.
• Once the mock labs have been completed 2 times, I should have a good idea
of my weak areas. Take time to focus on those areas. Read the SRND’s for
these areas. Review any technology focused labs for these areas. Go through
the mock labs and review these areas.
• During this learning approach, I know that I will be able to develop a
strategy for completing the labs in the time allotted.

Before I passed the R&S lab, I read several peoples strategies that they
employed. I TRIED to make their strategy FIT me. Once I developed MY OWN
strategy that WORKED for me, I passed the lab. Do not underestimate this in
your studies. When you take the time to work through the labs you will find
yourself developing a method to complete the labs. You are developing your
strategy!!! Be aware of this.

Larry Hadrava
CCIE #12203 CCNP CCNA
Sr. Support Engineer – IPexpert, Inc.