Hi Michael,

I believe your tests in 7.1(2a) are now more consistent across the gw types
than we have seen in the 7.0(1) version, I would summarize them as follow
(pretty much the same as PG states):

1.- UCM looks for a cg xform pattern match at the RP level, if there's a match
(calling# vs pattern), subsequent calling party xforms performed at RP/RL are
irrelevant, otherwise, RP/RL xforms take place,
2.- If you insert a TP in between the DN and RP you can modify how the calling
# gets to the RP, hence, avoiding/hitting an existing cg xform pattern. This
will allow you to create multiple cg xform patters for the same originating DN,
depending on the call destination

In contrast, the results are mixed for SIP and H.323/MGCP GWs running with UCM
7.0(1), and we have to keep that in mind unless 7.1(2a) is the version to be
rolled out for the lab,

Whether the 7.1(2a) results are consistent with the SRND statements, hmm, I
still would say they are not, however, the discussion is open, I would like to
hear what others may be thinking about this (maybe I'm just missing something
obviuos), here's what the srnd says:

"The calling and called party numbers resulting from the digit transformations
configured in the route pattern and/or route lists are then processed by any
Transformation Patterns configured for the devices contained in the chosen
Route Group."

Thanks for your input to the list!,

Otto