This task us to configure CUCM so that if a user has placed someone on hold,
they cannot begin a new call.  The PG says to create new softkey template,
removing the "NewCall" button from "On Hold", and then assigning the new
softkey template to the phones.

I agree.  I tried this.  It doesn't meet the requirement.  Once I have a
call placed on old, the "NewCall" softkey is gone, but this doesn't keep me
from being able to place a call.  I can just hit the speaker button.

Does anyone know if there is a way to meet all of the requirements?

Thanks,

Brian