Hello, I am new to the study list... I have searched the archives and not seen
the issue of dsp being in admin down state, why is this ?? I cannot figure out
how to get it admin'd up so it is always showing me zero dsp available.  I have
an NM-HDV in each of my 3725 lab routers each with either 2 or 3 PVDM SIMMs
installed.  I am trying to figure out how to determine the dsp resources
available, and how to allocate properly based on the dsp information gathered.
While I have done a lot of VoIP in the past, not a lot of DSP setup.

HQ-Router#sh dspfarm all

DSPFARM Configuration Information:
Admin State: DOWN, Oper Status: DOWN - Cause code: ADMIN_STATE_DOWN
Transcoding Sessions: 0(Avail: 0), Conferencing Sessions: 0 (Avail: 0)
Trans sessions for mixed-mode conf: 0 (Avail: 0), RTP Timeout: 600
Connection check interval 600 Codec G729 VAD: ENABLED

Total number of active session(s) 0, and connection(s) 0

Total number of DSPFARM DSP channel(s) 0

Thanks in advance,
Dave

[cid:image002.gif@01CA151D.F0B10B90]

Dave Genton - CCIE #6746 |  Architect |  Insight Networking  |
insight.com<http://www.insight.com/>
m. 614.440.3148  dave.gen...@insight.com<mailto:dave.gen...@insight.com>

The information contained in this message and any attachment may contain
privileged or confidential information protected from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to this message and destroying the original and
all copies.  Thank you.

<<inline: image001.gif>>

<<inline: image002.gif>>