Hi folks,

I have a question regarding the phone port configuration on ESW HWIC -
should it be configured with trunk or access?

Trunk:

1.      IPexpert workbook section 1A/1B specifically indicated that the ESW
phone ports need to be configured as a trunk.

2.      The product FAQ said it needs to be configured as trunk
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/prod_qas0900aecd8
016c026_ps5854_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html)

Access:

1.      Found another Cisco doc showing access port config
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_configuratio
n_example09186a00808066b8.shtml#step4)

Tested both in the lab and both seem to be working fine.  Phones can
register with CME, can get DHCP, etc.

Did I miss anything?  Will anything not work if it is configured as access
port?

Thanks for your help,

Allen Su