From: Nara Shikamaru [mailto:shikam...@kagadis.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:41 AM
To: Michael Ciarfello
Cc: OSL Group
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Vol 2 Mod 1 Q 4.2 - CUBE and Gatekeepers

Another question,
     When creating the gatekeeper in this scenario, three zones are created - 1
for CUCM, 1 for CME, and 1 for CUBE.  Part of the syntax for the CME zone
indicates "outvia" for CME calls which means that any calls coming from the
zone have to be passed to CUBE in zone VIA.  Okay, makes sense.  What's harder
to understand is why the CUCM calls are not doing the same thing.  It seems
like CUBE is being bypassed in the case of the outgoing call to CME from CUCM.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Michael Ciarfello