From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Nara Shikamaru
[shikam...@kagadis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:01 PM
To: OSL Group
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Choosing the right ISR?

Okay, my question is not really out of the modules, just a question about a
real world scenario.  I'm preparing to increase the size of our VoIP network
and am aware of the principle differences between the ISRs. Our remote sites
will have subscribers, so SRST is not really an issue, and the ISRs are only
being used to terminate PRIs and will not be used to route data VLAN traffic.
This being the case, are there caveats to using 2811 routers with 8 VWIC ports?
I don't really know what to expect by way of offnet traffic, but have had
success with the 2811 line and am wondering if I can repurpose for the new
network and not have too much to worry about.

Also, I am planning on configuring some hardware conferencing but I have no
idea yet how popular it will be, no transcoding is planned as our sites are
currently all on G711.

--
-Shikamaru