If you had the line in a time of day partition and that partition was out of
schedule then one would experience your symptoms. Otherwise you could have
an erroneous translation pattern with a null value created with a bad
translation (plar to nowhere). Otherwise I¹m guessing the line was not
assigned to the device correctly.

If this is a CME phone then you could have a dial-peer with an
answer-address + direct-inward-dial statement which would cause the same
thing.
--
Vik Malhi ­ CCIE #13890
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.810.454.0130
Mailto: vma...@ipexpert.com

Join our free online support and peer group communities:
http://www.IPexpert.com/communities
IPexpert - The Global Leader in Self-Study, Classroom-Based, Video-On-Demand
and Audio Certification Training Tools for the Cisco CCIE R&S Lab, CCIE
Security Lab, CCIE Service Provider Lab , CCIE Voice Lab and CCIE Storage
Lab Certifications.