Any recommended strategy for the much feared Open Ended Questions?  Like what
you would recommend to read etc.?

From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Rodriguez
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:35 AM
To: A A; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] [NEWSENDER] - RE: CCIE #25689 - Message is from
an unknown sender

Thanks.
To prep I spent a good 160-180hrs doing practice labs, read the CUCM SRND, went
through many Cisco docs on SIP call flows, voice translation rules, gatekeeper
signaling, etc. I brushed up on my CME with the Cisco Press book Cisco IP
Communications Express: CME w/ CUE. The SRNDs were great study material but the
160+ lab hours helped the most. Tack onto that hands-on w/ customer deployments
and handling trouble tickets.  This was my 2nd attempt and I was completely
unprepared during my 1st. As for advice... I'd say spend a lot of time doing
labs and, most importantly, develop a strategy that works for you and stick
with it. I came up w/ a strategy that worked for me to help ensure that I 1.
completed the task and didn't miss anything and 2. Cut down the amount of time
required to complete it. I used IPExpert practice labs. I would also add some
variation to them - if some sites were MGCP I would use H323 - I would complete
a task and then go back and come up w/ another method to achieve the same
results - etc.

Thanks again and I hope that helps.
- Dan