I have notice in same of the ip expert labs they have configured
"ccm-manager switchback immediate" command and in other case cases it is
left at default  which is "ccm-manager switchback graceful".

If I just tested both scenarios

1)      Graceful mode: when there is active call and primary UCM comes
back online, mgcp gateway waits for the active call to end before
switching back to primary UCM as expected

2)      Immediate mode: when there is active call and primary UCM comes
back online, mgcp gateway straightaway registers with primary UCM and
the phone display says "Temp Fail" but the call doesn't drop which is a
bit of surprise for me, I thought call would drop as well.

So if the requirement doesn't indicate one way or another would you
leave at default (graceful mode) or manually configure "ccm-manager
switchback immediate" ??

thanks