Hello,

rate-limit invokes a feature called Committed Access Rate (CAR) which I
believe is not used so much nowadays.

Try instead clase based policying which is the new method that helps you
limiting traffic on an interface in the input and output directions based on
several criteria and follows the MQC approach,

You may find an example on how to do so in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/cnfig_traffic_polcng_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Ravindra Lakpriya <lakpr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>>
>> In my home lab i have connect 3 routers back to back using
>> Fast Ethernet interfaces.
>>
>> How can i simulate a restricted bandwidth between these interfaces. I
>> tried with rate-limit command, but i'm bit confused about it and once i rate
>> limit to incoming traffic im loosing the connectivity to the router. if you
>> guys have proper link about this rate-limit command please share.
>>

> or else is there any other way that we can restrict bandwidth in  FE ports
> ??
>

>> --
>> Ravindra Lakpriya
>> +94 773 532 094