Congratulations Ken!

 Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Ken McCoy
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 3:42 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Voice CCIE #25819

I took the test on Monday in San Jose and passed.

First, thanks to Vic and IPexpert for doing a great job with the Voice track.
They really do a good job building a solid foundation for you to work from.  I
used the BLS solution along with the 5 day Lab boot camp instructed by Vic,
which was actually for the v2 blueprint.  Yes, I was one of the ones praying
for a v2 lab date last summer before the change to v3.  Never got the date and
had to prep for the new v3 blueprint.  The updated material from IPexpert was
helpful and I was able to quickly learn some of the newer CUCM version 7 topics
that are covered on the exam.  But most of my foundation was built last year in
prep for the v2 blueprint.

I did use the vRacks a lot last spring when I was hopeful for a v2 lab date.
During this time, I collected enough gear to build my own lab rack.  I must
say, this by far was one of the most useful training exercises I did.  Building
your own PSTN router to handle the calls as needed for the lab is a "work of
art".  Just try it and you'll see what I mean.  And no, I will not share my
PSTN config, build it yourself and you will be rewarded!

I also want to thank everyone on this list.  While I was usually too busy to
respond to questions posted, I did take the time to read them every day and in
my mind work through them.  I guess that would make me part of the "silent
majority" as I assume there are many who read and few who actually reply.  I
would also like to thank Cliff McGlamry for the countless hours he spent
responding to many request on this list last year.  Also thanks to Jonathan
Charles, Michael Ciarfello, and Art Sandborgh for the post on the list that
became my daily email reads.

Last, but not least, I would like to thank Amy Ryan.  I had to pleasure of
meeting Amy last year in Vic's boot camp.  Amy is a fun person to be around and
is going to be a great addition to the Voice team at IPexpert.

Finally, for the guys giving IPexpert a hard time about the website cutover
last month.  Shame on you.  This list is one of the best training tools out
there (and its free).  For you to use this list as grip platform was very
unprofessional.  As a business owner and System Engineer, I know firsthand that
things don't always go as planned.  Heck, if that was the case, we would all
pass the exam the first time around.  Vic (and now Amy) will go out of their
way to help you as much as possible (if you are willing to work and actually
help yourself) and that speaks volumes for IPexpert.

Best of luck to everyone,

Ken McCoy
Voice CCIE #25819