From: Otto Sanchez <o...@ipexpert.com>
To: Sergio Polizer <spoli...@hotmail.com>; basmj...@msn.com
Cc: OSL Group <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 12:29:25 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] QoS solutions in PG CCIE Voice v3. Vol. 2 Lab 2
6.3

Hi Bas, Sergio,

I agree, although the internal dscp to cos map should be used to deduct the cos
value and hence the queue and threshold values through the "mls qos srr-queue
output cos-map queue" settings, the SRND states (as Sergio noticed),  that "mls
qos srr-queue output dscp-map queue" settings will take precedence. I think the
only way cos to queue map will take effect is that dscp to queue maps are set
to default using the command Sergio references. In consequence, as SRND itself
recommends configure both dscp and cos queue maps to keep consistency,

I also agree that shaping Q2 to 50% is configured as srr-queue bandwidth shape
10 2 5 5 as these are absolute values (1/2=0.5*100=50%) and not relatives as
when calculating shared ratios,

BR,

I agree. Third bullit should be  "srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 2 5 5"