Actually, I bought a kindle DX SPECIFICALLY to read the SRND in pdf
format. I also used smoethign called mobipocket creator to suck the
html version of the SRND into  e-book format.
doing that destroys the graphics, but on the DX, which has a native
PDF reader, the SRND is more than readable. viewing it in PDF format,
the graphics are outstanding and more than legible. (the conversion to
ebook format is what wrecks them.) the only problem is the table of
contents doesnt work. all in all, it was damn expensive, but 500 bucks
to allow me to actually read all the SRNDs and stuff was more than
worth it when i knew EXACTLY what chapter i needed to look at to
answer a question on my lab =)

Using my kindle allowed me to turn the SRND into, well.... bathroom
reading. It was a worthy purchase.

As a sidnote, I'm pissed off because it seems liek the whole damn
cisco press library is available in the kindle store, but i already
OWN all the books i want. I would LOVE to be able to take my library
on site with me!

-Peter