Bump - anyone have thoughts on this one?

From: scarruthe...@hotmail.com
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:40:58 -0800
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Adjust 3750 Egress Priority Queue Bandwidth

 I wanted some thoughts on how others would handle a request to tweak the
amount of bandwidth availble to an egress priority queue on a 3750.  So for
example a request to allocate 25% of available bandwidth for switchports
connected to IP phones on the 3750.

I have heard suggestions to handle this in the following manner - this is
assuming auto qos voip trust cisco-phone has been run on the port already:

interface fa 1/0/2

  no priority-queue out

  srr-queue bandwidth shape 4 0 0 0

  srr-queue bandwidth share 0 33 33 33

But I'm struggling to see that this meets the requirement.  In this
configuration we would be enabling shaping of queue 1 and assigning it 25% of
available bandwidth.  Then assigning remaining bandwidth equally to the
remaining three queues.  But this does not appear to be meeting the requirement
of assigning the priority queue 25% of the bandwidth.  We would be assigning
the queue that RTP traffic is placed in by default 25% of total bandwidth but
the initial no priority queue out command technically disables a strict
priority queue and thus it does not seem to fit the requirement.

Thoughts?  While I struggle to see the disablement of the priority queue as
strictly meeting the requirement - I also find no explicit means to allocate
the priority queue a strict amount of bandwidth (I.e. the equal if the ingress
queue command - mls qos srr-queue input bandwidth 75 25 that could be used to
meet this requirement for default priority ingress queue 1.  How about skipping
the initial no priority queue-out command but only issuing the shape and share
commands as specified above?  Wouldn't leaving the priority queue enabled and
assigning it a shape value of 25% (1/4) satsify the requirement better?

Thanks
Scott

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469227/direct/01/