Sean,
There are a couple of things you can try.
First there is a CCM service param called accept tcp connections from unknown devices or something similar, set that to true and see if the call goes through.
If the call goes through, then you know everythings fine on the GW side
Now you can turn off the service param and delete the h323 gw from ccm.
Reinsert the h323 gw and restart ccm service( if possible)

Sent from my phone