Lo and behold, I just hit the same issue, and got the same fix, courtesy
of Ryan :)

Note that changes need to be made on both HQ and BR2 routers, as
follows:

HQ-RTR(config)#interface Serial0/0/1:0

HQ-RTR(config-if)#no  frame-relay traffic-shaping

HQ-RTR(config)#interface Serial0/0/1:0.2 point-to-point

HQ-RTR(config-subif)#no  frame-relay interface-dlci 202

HQ-RTR(config-subif)#frame-relay interface-dlci 202

HQ-RTR(config-fr-dlci)# ip address 10.10.112.1 255.255.255.0

BR2-RTR(config)#interface Serial0/1/0:0

BR2-RTR(config-if)#no frame-relay traffic

BR2-RTR(config)#interface Serial0/1/0:0.1 point-to-point

BR2-RTR(config-subif)#no frame-relay interface-dlci 102

BR2-RTR(config-subif)# frame-relay interface-dlci 102

BR2-RTR(config-fr-dlci)# ip address 10.10.112.2 255.255.255.0

In troubleshooting, I was reverting the BR2 router back to earlier labs,
suspecting a problem with its 11A config - but that was not helping, as
the HQ router was going untouched.

Working like a champ now. :)