I am looking for the best approach to building a VMWare server for running
CUCM, UCCX and UC.  I have an IBM 3650 M2 with lots of CPU, Memory and
drive space.  \

What is the best OS and VMWare application to use as my foundation?  Once
that is built, what is the best way to get the installation media for 7.x
versions of CUCM, UCCX and UC testing in our lab?  We are a large
enterprise customer and we have software subscriptions from Cisco.  Often
those subscriptions only provide an "upgrade" path and not the original
installation media.

We're running 4.x  in production on all the above mentioned platforms and
certainly don't want to perform original installations of 4.x and then use
our software subscription to upgrade to 7.x

Amir