Hello all

Hope you all doing well. I would like to bring to you guys attention and
hopefully get some interesting replies on some technology topics of Lab 1 of
Volume 2 that I am not 100% sure about.

1- Gatekeeper section: Had a problem with the calls between CME and CUCM
taking all WAN bandwidth overtime. This was solved after completing the CAC
section by issuing “bandwidth zone UCM 32” command in gatekeeper.   That
being said a couple of things come to mind: Show gatekeeper calls does not
show the same output as asked back in sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the lab,
secondly PG suggests that the CAC sestion could also be solved by issuing a
gatekeeper command for the CME zone but that would be 240Kbps.  I did not
understand why this was suggested as I believe we have 2 call legs here.
Right?  For reference this was mentioned on page 99 of the Proctor Guide.

 I’m particularly interested in clarifying this question because I suspect
I’m missing something fundamental here.  My understanding is that we are
talking 2 g711ulaw call legs over the WAN between the CUBE and CME right?

2- It is not clear why it is suggested not to include g729r8 in IOS xcoder
configuration as I believe this is necessary in situations where g729r8 is
the codec that needs xcoding

3- Attendant Console question what is the expected behaviour while testing?
I ring the pilot point and it rings only in one of the 2 extensions never
hunting over to the next.  How did this work for you?  Have you created
users and logged in to the Attendant console CTI app to get it to hunt
properly?

4- What keywords in the call routing/Device Mobility section defined the
requirements for configuring the US sites in the same DMG?  I decided to
configure those 2 device pools in different DMGs because of the question
stating neet not to keep class of restriction - I based my decision in
configuring not to inherit roaming sensitve settings on that statement.  7
dgt ANI presentation without name for 911 calls was preserved becaue HQ LRG
was used by BR1 Phone while roaming. Was it wrong?

Best regards
Daniel