(bump)

Anyone has tried this? Just need validation that it can be done so I
can try some more or just desist.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Randall Saborio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have a doubt on whether using Unity Connection without DNS will work
> with VPIM. Can someone confirm if this can be done.
>
> First I did it with full DNS configuration and works flawlessly, then
> I take down the DNS and make a few modifications.
>
> From CUE, I can send messages to CUC no problem. HQ is configured like this:
> Name:                                   CUCxn
> Type:                                   Configured
> Abbreviation:
> Email domain:                           172.16.10.12
> Minimum extension length:               2
> Maximum extension length:               15
> Phone prefix:
> VPIM encoding:                          Dynamic
> Send spoken name:                       enabled
> Send vCard:                             enabled
> State:                                  enabled
> VPIM broadcast ID:                      vpim-broadcast
> Sent msg count:                         5
> Received msg count:                     5
> Live-reply calling number rule prepend:
>
> CUC user receives message and reads no problem.
>
> On CUC, the SMTP Server Configuration will not allow to use an IP
> address as domain name like CUE does. See Screenshot.
>
> When sending from CUC to CUE, CUE will always reject the sender
> address (that's what it seems to me) as cannot validate it:
>
> 5191 07/08 03:17:32.947 netw smtp 6 250 2.6.0 Message accepted for
> delivery (csUnitySmtp-26-1265321617824)
> 3613 07/08 03:18:29.793 netw smtp 2
> 3613 07/08 03:18:29.801 netw smtp 3 socket hostName: CUCxn.hq.local,
> hostAddress: 172.16.10.12
> 3613 07/08 03:18:29.801 netw smtp 3 hostname: CUCxn.hq.local found in
> good address cache
> 3613 07/08 03:18:29.802 netw smtp 1
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.802 netw smtp 5 Initial connection message
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.820 netw smtp 6 UNKNOWN: EHLO CUCxn
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.820 netw smtp 5 250-CUE
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.828 netw smtp 6 EHLO : MAIL FROM:<[email protected]>
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.832 netw smtp 5 554 5.1.8 Bad senders system address
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.844 netw smtp 6 MAIL FROM:: QUIT
> 5196 07/08 03:18:29.844 netw smtp 5 221 closing channel
>
> I know that when I get that message, I have to tweak my DNS hosts for
> CUE to accept the message. But can this be done without any DNS ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> --
> Randall "da ill" Saborio
> CCIE Voice Wannabe #10054675811
> (Real number coming this July 2010)
>



-- 
Randall "da ill" Saborio
CCIE Voice Wannabe #10054675811
(Real number coming this July 2010)
_______________________________________________
For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please visit 
www.ipexpert.com

Reply via email to