I run two machines of the spec you mention with ubuntu. No problems with CUCM
UC UCCX CUPS and a client XP machine using vmware server 2  except restore from
snapshot is slow if you do too many at once and MVA  tends to go very sluggish
when servers are heavily loaded.
Just generic hardware but I do spread the load over the two servers

I do run dynamips but not usually at the same time

Graham