For the first issue, if you add the CME router as an H323 gateway in CUCM
the correct bandwidth will show.  Make sure that the CSS includes the
partition that contains the phones.

From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of David A
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 1:43 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Vol2 Lab2 5.1 - 4digit GK calls

Hi All,

I am doing the Vol2 Lab2 GK scenario and running into a couple of issues.

issue 1 - Call from CME SCCP phone to CUCM phones is using 128kbps. When I
check the codec used on the call on both phones it says g729. The gk-tunk is
in DP GK with region g729 to everyone.

2811-HQ-GW#sh gatekeeper call
Total number of active calls = 1.
                         GATEKEEPER CALL INFO
                         ====================
LocalCallID                        Age(secs)   BW
25-49659                           21          128(Kbps) <------- should be
16kbps as per the requirement
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   src EP: SiteC-GW              3003
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.10.110.3     1720  10.10.110.3     58555
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   dst EP: gk-trunk_2            1#1002
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.137.151.26   1720  10.137.151.26   33447

issue 2 - Call from CUCM to CME SIP phone(g711)  works fine and invokes the
transcoder and i see a 16kbps GK call. However when I call from CME SIP
phone to any CUCM phone, CUCM phone rings and I can answer it. However it
drops after a few seconds and I see no transcoder being used. Here are my
configs

Site C -

voice register pool  1
 id mac 0025.4593.0368