After having the chance to attend the IPX 5 day bootcamp (amazing
experience!) I've been trying to figure out how they accomplished something.
  Those of you who have been there will know what I'm talking about, but for
those of you who have not imagine this.  The phones on your desk are powered
by a local switch (or so I assume) but they're effectively plugged into your
pods to the point that the MAC addresses appear on your pods in Michigan
while you're sitting in San Jose or Columbus.  This is probably exactly the
same thing you'd see in the lab regardless of where you sit I would imagine.
  (Where the MAC of the phone in front of you shows up in the respective
devices thousands of miles away)

So how did they do that?

I've sat here trying to come up with a 1:1 L2 bridge solution, maybe l2tp,
or maybe some kind of per-port GRE tunnel and I keep running
into limitations of the ipbase IOS I need to upgrade..  The answer is
probably quite easy and I'm just missing it or over analyzing it.

The first reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to find a way to simulate
it for studying purposes.  I have a 3750 at my desk and a 3750 in a cabinet
with a trunk between them across a single ethernet connection and I'd like
to hang phones off that local 3750 for POE and use the remote 3750 to
"patch" into the back of BR2, the back of BR1, etc.   I'm not trying to
extend a simple vlan as much as I'm trying to make it appear as if each
phone is plugged into its respective BR/HQ interface when in fact its not.

The second reason is because it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out
how they did it on my own.   Anyone know the trick or have ideas?

-Jeff

Oh, and this is why you should rent rack time from proctorlabs.  You spend
too much time goofing around with your lab gear working on totally unrelated
concepts unless you're thinking of taking the R/S later.