Hi Julien,

The quick answer is yes, but there is a gotcha...

As you described you normally configure 2 Device Pools, with different SRST
Router on each. That means when the WAN is down, you are using both Voice
Gateways at the same time, which provides you a way to load balance calls.
say you have E1's on each VG, then the phones would use both of them. As
well, say you got two 2851's, which support  up to 90 phones. Then you can
have in total up to 180 Phones fail over to SRST...

Now if you use HSRP IP Address, none of these will happen. You can only use
one router at a time!!! Unless the other one goes down.

Hope this helps,