Hi,

 Cups will only use axl to find users that are licensed to use presence, and to
find other configuration information as sip trunk that CUCM uses, and some
other things.

But as I understood the initial question was if we could search CUCM use base
from CUPC client. In this case axl user is not used at all...

1) no it's not strictly necessary to have CUCM integrated in ldap too,although
it makes life easier. Because you have to make sure CUCM has the phone
associated to the same user ID, otherwise a lot of things will not work. And in
real world this would become big problem.

So the answer is, no you can't have different use IDs.

2) No you can't search CUCM db for users on CUPC. CUCM has no ldap itself, ad a
matter of fact.

I hope this helps,

Sent from my iPad