The 3x15 is for the 3 channels for the PRI

Randall

From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Mulgrew
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:20 AM
To: George Goglidze
Cc: OSL
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] calculation of mips for voice
termination

Thanks George!

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM, George Goglidze <gogli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Brian,

I'm with you on this one, I think you should consider worst case
scenario, and if you have TEHO calls there could potentially be 3 g729
calls... so 40 MIPS...

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Brian Mulgrew <btmulg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

        Hi - Going though some of the DSGs when calculating MIPs for
voice termination the calculation is often given as 15MIPS per call for
G711 would we not calculate a worst case scenario of 40MIPs (G729r8) per
call?

        e.g. if using TEHO over a G729 region, device mobility etc.

        This in turn could have an impact when being asked to exhaust
remaining DSPs for xcoder (e.g. Vol2 Lab2 Q5.1) - I thought we would
have 9 xcoder sessions based on:

        2 x DSPs = 480MIPs - (3 x 40) 120MIPS (for G729r8 voice
termination) = 360MIPs (9 sessions for G729r8 xcoder).

        But the DSG calculates 12 xcoder sessions based on:

        2 x DSPs= 480MIPS - (3 x 15) 45MIPS (for voice termination) =
435MIPs (14 session for G729ar8)

        Or am I being a bit thick?

        Thanks

        Brian

        For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab
training, please visit www.ipexpert.com

Legal Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in
any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this
message