Whoops. I was doing fine up until that last cut and paste error. :)

Bill's absolutely correct; that last line should have read

"Top down" = *ascending* = channel 1 to 23.

cheers, sd

From: Bill Lake [mailto:whl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 4:34 PM
To: Steve Denney (stdenney)
Cc: Cristobal Priego; Randall Crumm; Online Study
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] ISDN bchan selection

ascending is 1-23, just did this at a customer so I know that is right
and confirmed with show isdn q931

descending is 23-1 as is the default.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Steve Denney (stdenney)
<stden...@cisco.com> wrote:

It helps me to visualize a ladder, with the rungs being the channels,
and rung (channel) number 1 being at the top.

"Ascending" and "descending" refer to *numerically* ascending or
descending - so "ascending" numerically (from channel 1 to channel N)
means going "top down" on the ladder.

Likewise, "descending" numerically (the default; from channel N down to
channel 1) means going "bottom up" on the ladder.

So Randall, your statement is incorrect. "Top down" = descending =
channel 1 to 23.

Just my little mnemonic. YMMV :)

cheers, sd