Packetization delay (πn) is the time taken to fill a packet payload with
encoded/compressed speech. This delay is a function of the sample block size
required by the vocoder and the number of blocks placed in a single frame.
Packetization delay can also be called Accumulation delay, as the voice
samples accumulate in a buffer before they are released.

For further information:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_white_paper09186a00800a8993.shtml#packetizationdelay

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:10 PM, lee huntl <huntc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am having trouble to determine what is "*Accumulative Delay*" means for
> Cisco VoIP.
>
> When reading CCO documentation, I kept on coming across this term called "
> *Accumulative Delay*".  Does anyone knows what is it ?? And what component
> it is comprised of??
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hunt

*Suresh Bhandari*
Consider Green, Save Paper. Do you really need to print this email?