I totally recommend agains doing factory resets just because. It is even
more important not to do it when DHCP is not working.

When phone does factory reset, it will no longer boot unless it gets IP from
dhcp, finds a TFTP server and downloads a valid firmware file.

Wouldn't it be better to figure out the DHCP problem ?

Randall "da ill" Saborio
CCIE Voice Wannabe #10054675811