If BR1 works as teho GW for HQ calls the inbound voip dial-peer should select
g729.
For br1 phone local calls - g711

De: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] En nombre de Greg
Enviado el: miƩrcoles, 15 de junio de 2011 1:15
Para: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Asunto: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] voice class codec?

I've see some people configure voice class codec for the lab like below:

voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw
 codec preference 2 g729r8

I was wondering that's the point of having such a class.

I meant, for the lab, it explictly requires either g711 or g729.  So why do we
want to have preference 1 and preference 2?

Thanks!