If I make a call from the remote destination number via MVA the calling name is
not displayed on the called phone while the phone is ringing. Only the
extension associated with the RDP is displayed. Once the call is connected the
name and extension is displayed on the called phone.

Did someone come across that?

Line in the RDP profile has display name configured. RDP number matches when I
call the mva number because I  am not prompted to enter RDP number.

The same problem is described in this post

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3284389