From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Cristobal
Priego
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:49 AM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] passed CCIE 29606

hello guys,

My 2 year journey just came to an end. I took my 3rd attempt yesterday in
San Jose and i just got my score 5 mins ago with good news
I'm CCIE # 29606
It was long hours of study time and lab time
I couldn't afford a home lab so all i did is rent equipment from Proctorlabs
i was able to get physical phones to test. which was pretty good

my strategy was a bit different from what people usually recommend

I started with Infrastructure of course
switch config all that needed to be done in the switch including QoS, so i
could forget about that device
then i moved to HQ, SiteB and SiteC NTP, vlans, and then QoS right away
after that i started working on CUE (because i know it takes long time)
then i moved to PRI configs
then i started working on configuring my phones, basic config
then i moved over to VM, then UCCX, then all the features requested
and at the end i did call routing

something that actually helped me out a lot to improve my speed was
i created my configs in notepad and i called those my templates, so during
the week i didn't have access to any rack rental sessions so i was
practicing in notepad

i did the workbooks 1 and 2 only once then i was using the rack rental
sessions to practice pretty heavily on a tech basis everthing from inside
out and every once in a while start adding more technologies

that was my experience i didn't know how to approach this beast at the
beginning I was reading all the documentation all the pdf's and books and i
was getting bored
so i dediced to read all the documentation, pdf's and books on a technology
basis i printed a calendar and with the blue print on the other hand i
marked which days i was going to spend studying X item on the blue print so
by the time it was the weekend i could practice that in my lab sessions
during the weekend and get as much as i could from the rack rental sessions

thank you very much for all your support and also for my study partners from
all over the world
I'll try to help you to get your number as well, you guys helped me, i'm
going to try to do the same

have a great day !