Hello all,
  I downloaded three files of UNREST version from cisco download , merged them
and built an iso image however when trying to boot a vm machine on an esx UCS
servers it complains and instead looking at DHCP for network location to find
an image. This is when i am trying to boot it from local CD/DVD drive or from a
loca storage source. Also what is confusing about these files is that in
release notes for 8.5(1) it says this iso can be used for fresh new install as
well as upgrade but then on :
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7273/prod_release_notes_list.html
page 4

Before You Begin
In Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1), the image available for
download from Cisco.com is
a bootable image that can be burned to DVD and used for both upgrades and fresh
installs. Cisco Unified
Communications Manager 8.5(1) upgrade DVDs ordered from Cisco are also bootable
for use with
upgrades or fresh installs.

Then on page 8 it says :

Note Because the UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.10000-26 build specifies a nonbootable
ISO, the build proves
useful only for upgrades. You cannot use this build for new installations.

it can boot on vmware but not esxi .

I am still working to figure it if its really an issue with iso image i created
or VMware.

i saw some post in internet ,ppl said we can make it bootable ,how to do it ?