You probably want to verify using the online power calc but the ps you have
really isn't designed for poe.  Generally id put a minimum 750w ps in a poe
switch
On Aug 6, 2011 4:24 PM, <michael.se...@compucom.com> wrote:
> My 3750 is having problems. First it had problems booting and now I'm
getting an error ** %ILPOWER-5-ILPOWER_POWER_DENY: Interface Gi2/0/8: inline
power denied **.

> I looked this up in the output interpreter and this was the output I
received:

> ** %ILPOWER-5-ILPOWER_POWER_DENY (x1):Interface [chars]:inline power
denied

> Explanation: This message means that the PoE request was denied because
the switch
> does not have enough power left to support the request. [chars] is the
interface
> number.
>
> Recommended Action: No action is required. **
>
> I showed the power on the 3750 and the results show that I have 389 WATTS
used and I don't have a single phone plugged in:

> HQ-3750#show power inline
>
> Module Available Used Remaining
> (Watts) (Watts) (Watts)
> 2 370.0 369.6 0.4
>
> It would appear that all my power in the switch is used up and I don't
even have any phones plugged into it? Any input on this would be greatly
appreciated as to what is using up all my power in the switch?? Could this
be some kind of Code issue. I'm running **