Looks like the bug associated with the intraregion codec parameter that should be changed to g729

From: "Ashraf Ayyash" <ash.ayy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 3:01 AM
To: "Brian Rudy" <brianr...@gmail.com>
Cc: <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Bandwidth Interzone w/ MTP Issue

Hello Brain ,

can you check what DP assigned to your MTP and what codec is being
used in there ?

Thanks
Ash

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Brian Rudy <brianr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello -

The call flow I am working on looks like this
hq-phone(sccp)->gk->cube->cme-phone(sccp). I am working on Vol 2, Lab 1,
Sections 4.2 and 5.1.  The requirement in 4.2 is to "ensure supplementary
services are working on UCM and UCME" while routing calls through the
GK/CUBE.  My gatekeeper controlled trunk on UCM is in a g729 only device
pool.  Calls are working as expected up to this point.

Here is a sh gatekeeper calls while a calls is in progress from UCM to UCME
(I am using 16K from UCM to GK and 128K from CUBE to UCME, Life is good):

siteA-rtr#sh gatek calls
Total number of active calls = 2.
                         GATEKEEPER CALL INFO
                         ====================
LocalCallID                        Age(secs)   BW
36-32987                           7           16(Kbps)
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   src EP: gk-trunk_1            5002
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.10.210.10    1720  10.10.210.10    32789
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   dst EP: CUBE                  3002
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.10.200.3     1720  10.10.200.3     57956
LocalCallID                        Age(secs)   BW
37-32987                           7           128(Kbps)
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   src EP: CUBE                  5002
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.10.200.3     1720  10.10.200.3     57956
 Endpt(s): Alias                 E.164Addr
   dst EP: siteC-rtr             3002
           CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port
           10.10.110.3     1720  10.10.110.3     63151

I proceed to setup an IOS MTP using G729 put this in an mrgl/mrg, assign to
HQ and BR1 and G729 only (GK Trunk) device pools and check the "Media
Termination Point Required" checkbox on the Trunk.  I also put the UCM
software mtps in an mrg so they would be hidden.  Finally, I set the BRQ
enabled flag to "True" in UCM Service Parameters.  Calls from UCM to UCME
are still successful and now my supplementary services on UCM are working as
well.

My show gatekeeper calls is the same as above after I enable my MTP.

Then, I proceed to question 5.1 where it states to "ensure the gatekeeper
can only allow 2 calls between the UCM and UCME" using the command:
bandwidth interzone zone UCM 32. I have multiple zones UCM and UCME per the
lab requirement.

My calls fail every time now, in both directions. I did a "debug h225 asn1" and see that the admission request and confirm are requesting "160" or 16K of bandwidth for calls to Gatekeeper. When I remove the bandwidth interzone
command from my gatekeeper config, calls work again.

Here is my gatekeeper config:

gatekeeper
 zone local UCM ipexpert.com
 zone local UCME ipexpert.com outvia VGK
 zone local VGK ipexpert.com
 zone prefix UCM 1... gw-priority 10 gk-trunk_2
 zone prefix UCM 1... gw-priority 9 gk-trunk_1
 zone prefix UCM 1... gw-priority 0 siteC-rtr
 zone prefix UCME 3... gw-priority 10 siteC-rtr
 zone prefix UCME 3... gw-priority 0 gk-trunk_1 gk-trunk_2
 zone prefix UCM 5... gw-priority 10 gk-trunk_2
 zone prefix UCM 5... gw-priority 9 gk-trunk_1
 zone prefix UCM 5... gw-priority 0 siteC-rtr
 zone prefix UCM 9*
 gw-type-prefix 1#* default-technology
 bandwidth interzone zone UCM 32
 no shutdown

If anyone could shed some light onto what the problem might be, that would
be great.  Thanks!

Brian
brianr...@gmail.com

For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please
visit www.ipexpert.com

For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please visit www.ipexpert.com

Are you a CCNP or CCIE and looking for a job? Check out www.PlatinumPlacement.com