Hi Shrini,

i can see only the NTP server which i added. but normally it should display
the local ntp server as well right ?

And the remote NTP source is running using stratum 8. I think thats the
issue.  but i have set "ntp master 5" in my router. seems like its not
reflecting in CUCM correctly.

Many thanks for the reply

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Shrini <linuxbos...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Login to publisher CLI and run "utils ntp status" to check whether ntp
> is synchronized and stratum.
>
> If it is not synchronized try using a stratum 1 ntp server for CCM PUB and
> restart ntp.
>
> You will get this error if PUB ntp is not synchronized or stratum < 5
>
> On 11/5/2011 6:20 AM, Ravindra Lakpriya wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Im setting up a testbed on vmware workstation with CUCM 8.6 and CUPS 8.6.
> Im using the windows domain controller as the NTP server. i have notice
> once i went through the initialization wizard of CUPS automatically it
> changes its NTP to CUCM publisher. But CUCM publisher is sync to external
> NTP and CUCM is not running any NTP service on publisher it self.
>
> Once i went through the troubleshooter from CUPS i notice its keeps on
> warning me about the NTP and from the platform management there is no way
> to add or remove NTP servers. Can we remove the external NTP sync and
> configure CUCM 8.6 publisher as the NTP  server ?
>
> Any help on this is really appreciated.
>
> --
> Ravindra Lakpriya

Ravindra Lakpriya